Sunday, May 29, 2011

Let your inner artist shine!

This kit was inspired by a chat on Mousescrappers during Chattapalooza week.... someone posed the question "What colors would you use to scrap Mickey and/or Minnie other than Red, Black and Yellow?". My mind immediately went to the classic Mickey and Minnie Drawings and Turquoise popped into my head! I started thinking about the old black and white Mickey shorts and the Mickey comics I remember from my childhood.
Then my husband taped a show for me on the DVR about one of my favorite people ever... Ub Iwerks! For those of you that have never heard of Ub.....he was Walt Disney's "partner in crime" back in the 1920's! He was actually the one who first drew Mickey Mouse! He was the chief animator for most of the early Mickey Mouse cartoon and the Silly Symphonies. Though he let Disney for awhile to pursue what we call nowadays a "solo career", he returned to Disney where his genius led to such innovations as the combination of live anaction and animation. He was also one of the original Imagineers.... helping to create many  Disney Parks Attractions during the 1960's.

So here's to you Ub.....


My CT went WAY outside the box for this one.... what they created is AWESOME! This is one time, for sure, you want to pop over to their blogs because the stuff they have for you is really terrific.














and here are a couple from me.
The first is for MS Template Challenge 63



and I created a few word art samples for you


and as always... thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world!

9 comments:

  1. What an adorable freebie! Thank you so much, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the awesome freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the cute freebie!Can't wait to get my hands on the kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [30 May 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. The alpha cubes in this kit are so cute! Thank you for the freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANX for this freebie.... LOVE IT!
    HUGGGS from Sweden and NETTIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the awesome freebie. Love the new kit and blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for these super word art strings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! Thanks also for the fast download!

    ReplyDelete